How Do You Oasis?
Our hummus is ready to enjoy straight off the shelf and requires no preparation. It makes an amazingly creamy, savory dip for sliced bell peppers, carrots, celery, corn chips, or pita bread, and it brings the plant-based protein you crave when added to a sandwich, bagel, or even avocado toast! There are endless possibilities—use our hashtag #howdoyouoasis to share your own ideas.
Read below for recipes and more creative ways you can enjoy Oasis Street Food hummus.
Masabacha with Beef or Mushroom
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin/coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb ground beef OR 1 lb chopped mushrooms of your choice (approx. ¼” pieces)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 C water
- Optional garnishes: olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, plain Greek yogurt, parsley and/or cilantro
- Add the butter or oil to a skillet and sauté the onions until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, cumin/coriander, paprika, cayenne, nutmeg, and cinnamon and stir the spice mix into the skillet. Cook for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the tomato paste and water.
- IF USING BEEF: Add the beef to the skillet and cook until browned, then add the water and tomato paste mix. Let simmer until thickened.
- IF USING MUSHROOMS: Add the mushrooms and tomato paste/water mixture to the skillet at the same time. Cover the skillet and simmer for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Plating: Spread a layer of Oasis Street Food hummus to the edges of a bowl or plate. Scoop the masabacha into the middle of the hummus. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and/or plain Greek yogurt.
- Optional: A few parsley or cilantro sprigs on the top can some color and a little spritz of herby freshness to each bite.
Split Pea Soup
- 2.5 qts water
- 1 lb dry split peas
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 large carrot, cut to ½-inch pieces
- ½ large yellow onion, minced
- 8-16 ounces of Oasis Street Food hummus (depending on desired thickness of soup)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil the peas in a large pot until soft, approximately 1 hour, checking back periodically to skim off the starch that floats to the top with a slotted spoon. Don’t drain off the water!
- Add the butter or oil to a saucepan. Sauté carrots and onions until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add Oasis Street Food hummus to the pot of peas and fold until combined. Let simmer until smooth.
- Add the sautéed carrots and onions and the pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil and cook until the carrots are softened to your liking.
Matthieu’s Salmon Cakes
- 1 5-oz can of salmon
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 stalk of celery, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup Oasis Street Food hummus
- Dash lemon juice
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (adjust for consistency)
- For optional sauce: 4 ounces hummus, 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard (sounds weird, but trust us!), 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix together the salmon, red cabbage, minced celery, olive oil, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, flax meal, hummus, lemon juice, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. It’s easiest to work the mixture together with your hands.
- Add breadcrumbs to the mixture if necessary. The mixture should be sticky, but hold its shape easily when formed.
- Form the mixture into golf-ball-sized balls.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or pan over medium heat with ¼ inch of oil. Drop the balls into the pan and flatten with a spatula until they are approximately ½ inch thick.
- Cook the salmon cakes for five minutes on each side. They should be crisp and golden brown on all sides.
- Optionally, mix together the sauce ingredients and place a dollop on the top of each salmon cake to serve.
Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- Whole grain bread
- Oasis Street Food hummus
- Romaine lettuce
- Heirloom tomato (the sweeter the better)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Sprouts, such as alfalfa or sunflower sprouts
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced to ½ inch strips
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Build your sandwich with your desired amount of veggies. We love to be extra generous with the greens—but your sandwich can be whatever you want!
- Make sure to be generous with the hummus. The savory creaminess of the hummus is what really marries the crunchy textures of the veggies together.